Kurmanaliyev Karimbek Arystanbekovich - Kazakh philologist, Doctor of Philology, Professor, member of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
He graduated from the Alma-Ata Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages (1986), the Institute of Linguistics of the Kazakh SSR Academy of Sciences (1992), the Kainar University (2000), the T. Ryskulov Kazakh Economic University (2006). Doctor of Philology (2002), Professor (1998), Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2020).
Academic titles, degrees, activities:
Doctor of Philology, dissertation topic: "Theoretical foundations of the word-formation nest in the Kazakh language» (2002)
- Professor (1998)
- Corresponding Member NAS RK (2012)
He worked as acting Vice-rector of the Kazakh State University of International Relations and International Languages (1986-1987), head of the Department of the Kazakh State Women's Pedagogical University (1993-2000), Vice-president, Rector of the Kainar University (2000-2002).
Director, Deputy Director of the Department of Higher and Postgraduate Education of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2002-2007), Vice-Rector for Innovation of the L. N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (2007-2008), Head of the Department for Control in the Field of Education of the South Kazakhstan region (2015-2018).
State and international awards, prizes, honorary titles:
- Orders: «Құрмет» (2012), «Қазақстан Республикасы Президентiнiң Алғысы» (2005);
- Medal «Ыбрай Алтынсарин» (2006);
- Al-Farabi Gold Medal of the Kazakhstan National Academy of Natural Sciences (2008);
- Honorary Worker of Education of the Republic of Kazakhstan (2002)
Scientific, literary works, publications:
- Research and professional interests-current problems of general Turkology, derivatology, dialectology and terminology, comparative grammar of multi-system languages, methods of teaching foreign languages in Kazakh classrooms and Kazakh language in Russian classrooms, issues of improving the quality of higher education, the development of integration of higher and postgraduate education in the world educational space;
- More than 100 scientific works, including 4 textbooks for universities, 6 monographs and 15 educational and methodological manuals on general linguistics, methods of teaching foreign languages, general Turkology, in the field of derivatology, dialectology and terminology